Medical device company which has developed an innovative minimally-invasive implant to revolutionise how doctors treat and manage millions of patients.
€ 2,500,000 Funding goal
€ 3,234,944 Invested
Company Summary :
In order to facilitate the EIIS for 2022, there is a HARD-STOP on investments from 1pm on 15th December
To address the challenges of complex heart disease, AuriGen Medical has created the FIRST device to integrate stroke prevention, Heart Failure Monitoring AND Afib management in a single 30 minute day case procedure. Their technology is built round a smart connected implant (known as an LAA occluder) which works harder for patients, saving healthcare costs, reducing strokes, Afib and heart failure hospitalisations and most importantly lessening needless deaths.
- AuriGen Medical is uniquely the only company in Europe ever to win two ranking “firsts” ahead of thousands of companies seeking prestigious EU Horizon 2020 funding grants.
- In last 4 years, company has been awarded €14 million in grant-aid funding from Irish government and European Commission programmes to develop the AuriGen technology
- 12 million patients in EU and US with combined heart failure and AFib issues, with 100m patients globally facing similar conditions.
- Global peak sales for the AuriGen portfolio of 4 devices could be over $6 billion, and $2.5 billion in the US alone.
- 10 patent applications in place in major commercial regions.
- AuriGen has a highly qualified, industry-leading management team with unrivalled expertise and a successful track record across several key disciplines. The team has extensive experience developing and commercialising cardiac devices in Medtronic, Boston Scientific and Abbott
- First-in-Human clinical trials starting in Q2 of 2023 and management is confident of the outcome of these trials. A successful outcome would also potentially lead to a 3-5X uplift to the company valuation.