AuriGen Medical 2
Company Summary :
To address the challenges of complex heart disease, AuriGen Medical has created the FIRST device to integrate stroke prevention, Heart Failure Monitoring AND Afib management in a single 30 minute day case procedure. Their technology is built round a smart connected implant (known as an LAA occluder) which works harder for patients, saving healthcare costs, reducing strokes, Afib and heart failure hospitalisations and most importantly lessening needless deaths.
- AuriGen Medical is uniquely the only company in Europe ever to win two ranking “firsts” ahead of thousands of companies seeking prestigious EU Horizon 2020 funding grants.
- In another first the company previously raised €3.25m in less than three weeks last year, breaking the record for the most successful campaign in Spark’s history.
- In the last 5 years, company has been awarded €14 million in grant-aid funding from Irish government and European Commission programmes to develop the AuriGen technology.
- 12 million patients in EU and US with combined heart failure and AFib issues, with 100m patients globally facing similar conditions.
- Global peak sales for the AuriGen portfolio of 4 devices could be over $6 billion, and $2.5 billion in the US alone.
- 34 patent applications in place in major commercial regions, with approved patents in the US, China and Japan.
- AuriGen has a highly qualified, industry-leading management team with unrivalled expertise and a successful track record across several key disciplines. The team has extensive experience developing and commercialising cardiac devices in Medtronic, Boston Scientific and Abbott
- First-in-Human clinical trials starting in H2 of 2023 and management is confident of the outcome of these trials. A successful outcome would also potentially lead to a 3-5X uplift to the company valuation.